It works using SAML 2.0, which allows for cross-domain single signon. I don't know that I could tell you the nitty gritty details of how it works under the hood, but it basically allows people to use their university credentials to authenticate to sites that the university has licensed.

EBSCO has been pushing it in North America lately -- I don't know if they just bought it or if they have some kind of partnership. I don't have any experience running it from the library's end, so I can't really testify as to its performance.

Will Martin

On 2017-08-09 14:44, Pennington, Buddy D. wrote:
Do vendors even directly support SSO? We use SSO to enable users to
authenticate into EZProxy for IP-based access to our electronic
resources. I didn't think cutting out EZProxy and just going with SSO
was an option.

Buddy Pennington
Director of Information Technology and Strategy
University of Missouri--Kansas City
Miller Nichols Library
800 East 51st St.
Kansas City, MO 64110-2499