Hi Jim,

I've also been interested in custom projects using RFID equipment and that one 
in particular.

From what I understand, Feig has a free tool with basic functionality. It's 
meant for testing and configuration but I think if your project is not too 
complicated, it could be useful. You are probably already familiar with that.

There is also an SDK that you can buy from Feig.  It has libraries for Java, 
C++ and .Net.  I was not able to see the full API without buying it but  you 
can find an overview:
https://www.feig.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Downloads/Datenblaetter/Data_Sheet_Software_Development_Kit_GEN3.pdf.
  The last quote I got from a vendor was $850 for that. I assume that is a 
perpetual license.

There is also an open-source project, but from what can tell, there hasn't been 
much activity in many years so it didn't seem like a viable option.

I don’t know if that helps. I haven't tried either of them.  If you end up 
using them, I'd be interested to know how it comes out.

Brent

  



-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[email protected]> On Behalf Of Jim Novy
Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 12:31 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Parsing Library RFID Data?

Good afternoon,

I've got a FEIG PRH200 RFID inventory wand and, though the hardware works fine, 
the software we bought from our vendor leaves much to be desired.  I was able 
to work through capturing the wand commands using Wireshark and am able to 
independently grab the raw tag data off of it, but I'm having a hard time 
figuring out how to parse the raw tag data once I have it.  Per the vendor, the 
tags are encoded in the ISO format.

Is anyone aware of a programming library out there that will make parsing the 
item ID from raw tag data easy for me?  Or a resource that documents it 
decently?

Thanks,
Jim

Reply via email to