A reminder that the data model for OpenURL/COinS does not have all
metadata fields: only one author allowed, no abstract, etc.

You may want to consider using unAPI instead of COinS.

DLF Aquifer has a Rails presentation layer and is using unAPI. The unAPI
interface is exposing MODS, which is the native format. I've also asked
for RIS to get exposed as well for EndNote/RefWorks support. I tested
the developer's code this week; the unAPI part is in great shape, but
the Zotero import part still needs a bit of polish before it's final.
Expected open source release eventually but I'm not sure the ETA.

       --SET

Godmar Back wrote:
FWIW, if we really wanted to, we could process COinS even if they show
up via AJAX (at least in FF via DOMChanged event.)

 - Godmar