Dear Code4Lib,

Because I'm not a coder or a librarian, I am not a member of the Code4Lib
community. However, my husband Jonathan, who is a member, told me about the
logo thread Roy started last week. As a professional designer, I agree with
Roy that Code4Lib could use a well-designed logo to bring its activities
under a unified brand.

Having close ties, I would like to do my part to help out your community. To
that end, I am volunteering to design a logo for Code4Lib. My one request
would be that you actually work with me as a professional designer, rather
than turning this into an open contest. Code4Lib is many things to many
people. Reconciling these perspectives into a single brand is, as Roy said,
not an amateur task, and will require some coordination to merge the input
and ideas from the community.

As for the process, I think Roy has it right. Form a small committee to
handle the details and distill the opinions of the community at large. I'll
start with a few drafts the committee and community can comment on, and
we'll go from there.

What do you think?

Sincerely,
Stephanie Brinley