Oh! You're right, they're clear about that on their web page, as well.
As Bryan points out.

So, wait: A bunch of libraries could pool together, buy the Whole
Enchilada for $28k, and put up a torrent?

Or, put another way, for less than the base salary of a starting
developer, *everyone* in the US could have access to this *massive*
store of authority data and build Awesome Things?

Think we could find a consortium that'd pony up? ;-)

Cheers,
-Nate

PS - Dear rest of the world: you're on the honor system, OK?