On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I thought I remembered something about Casey Bisson doing exactly that with
> a grant/award he received? I forget what happened to it. A snapshot would
> just be a snapshot of course, it wouldn't include records created or
> modified after the snapshot.

That was the bibliographic records which he purchased and donated to
the Internet Archive:

  http://www.archive.org/details/marc_records_scriblio_net

They are also available via a torrent:

  http://torrents.code4lib.org/

It definitely would be nice to do the same thing for the authority
data. It's kind of absurd to me that this data isn't already in the
public domain, since it's uh in the public domain. But what do I know,
I'm not a lawyer.

//Ed