When I've experimented with this, I haven't been able to figure out a way to set my institution in their preferences, without _removing_ any existing institutions they may have already chosen. I don't want to over-write their existing preferences, if any, I just want to add my institution to them!

If anyone figures out a way to do this, I'm interested too.

I actually didn't know about the &inst=X feature allowing you to set the institution even just for the current session, that's awfully helpful and better than nothing, thanks!

Jonathan

Godmar Back wrote:
It used to be you could just GET the corresponding form, e.g.:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_setprefs?num=10&instq=&inst=sfx-f7e167eec5dde9063b5a8770ec3aaba7&q=einstein&inststart=0&submit=Save+Preferences

 - Godmar