Nate --

Thanks for the pointer to NITRC.  There are some good interface elements there
that might be useful to emulate.

I want to be clear that our grant mandate extends only to the FreshMeat
registry functionality.  Source code hosting is definitely out of scope for
what we are doing.

Building community will be hard, particularly because the intent of the
registry isn't for just developers themselves but also for any library that is
interested in applying open source solutions to their library needs.  It
doesn't mean that the library will be developing or running the software
themselves (that is where the "Provider" entity comes in, and it is a point
that distinguishes this registry from FreshMeat and NITRC).

Peter

--
Peter Murray         peter.mur...@lyrasis.org        tel:+1-678-235-2955

Ass't Director, Technology Services Development   http://dltj.org/about/
LYRASIS   --    Great Libraries. Strong Communities. Innovative Answers.
The Disruptive Library Technology Jester                http://dltj.org/
Attrib-Noncomm-Share   http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/