Solved the image matching regexp issue: if the search term was more than
one word, it needed to be rewritten for the query using a + rather than a
space between the words.

as for hitting the catalog with searches over and over, I suppose there is
a way to cache pages rather than pound the server over and over, right?
 I'll look into that.

Godmar, would you mind passing along your PHP script so I can how exactly
you created that JSON?

--
Nate Hill
nathanielh...@gmail.com