> I had planned to come to code4lib and knew it filled up fast. I joined the
> mailing list so I could find out about the > registration as soon as it
> happened. It came out in mid-morning and I happened to be in a meeting until
> 12 or
> so and by the time I tried to register it was sold out. This is annoying. Why
> not find a venue that is big enough > to meet the obvious demand? There are
> surely plenty of larger venues in a city such as Seattle.

The actual time when registration was going to open was published in a
variety of venues (on the wiki, on the mailing lists, and it seemed
someone was asking the question every fifteen minutes in the channel,
including me ;) ).  I purposely avoided scheduling meetings around
that time and rescheduled some that were.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see a proposal for a
larger code4lib and I imagine Minnesota has lots of places that can
host a larger one.  The deadline isn't until Jan. 22nd See
http://code4lib.org/node/425

As always, if you want Code4Lib to do something or change, all you
have to do is plan and work for it.  That's why we're a loose
collective and not a professional organization.

I personally would not vote on making it much larger.  It seems every
order of magnitude increase takes it away from the techie origins and
more like CiL or Internet Librarian.  On the other hand, regardless of
the size, I still suspect I'll find people willing to discuss the
technical stuff, I just might stop showing up for most of the actual
talks.

Jon Gorman.