When "Your Radio Playhouse" changed its name to "This American Life", Ira
spoke a lot about naming things. His guest, Joe Franklin, said that ending
a name with a long vowel sound was a good idea. This would support libe
over lib. The piece is here:
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/17/name-change-no-theme?act=0#play

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 5:09 AM, Adam Constabaris <adam_constaba...@ncsu.edu