I wanted to mention that I pointed to the Open Library covers API earlier, and it so happens that was on a day when OL covers was down (possibly due to the disruption of the fire at the Internet Archive). So if you've been having trouble with OL covers, it has been reported that they are now available again.

https://openlibrary.org/dev/docs/api/covers

kc

On 11/7/13 6:57 AM, Brent Ferguson wrote:
LibraryThing's API may have book cover art , can't remember...

We pay for Syndetics (cover art service) (owned by Bowker) and can use that for
our cover art outside PAC

From: Code for Libraries [CODE4LIB@LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Chris
Fitzpatrick [chrisfitz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 9:56 AM
To: CODE4LIB@LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] display book covers

Hi,

I think you can do this all with JS or Coffeescript.

Here's a fiddle :

http://jsfiddle.net/chrisfitzpat/t69Xs/

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Daryl Grenz <grenzda...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Powell's Books provides an API (http://api.powells.com/stable) and direct
links to their book covers by ISBN13 only.
Regarding the limit on daily use of the Google Books API, I think from
when I used it before that if you access cover links through the Dynamic
Links API (https://developers.google.com/books/docs/dynamic-links) there
is no daily limit.
- Daryl