Hi everyone,

I'm part of the ASIS&T Student Chapter and Indiana University, and we're
putting together a series of workshops on Unix. We've noticed that a lot of
people don't seem to have a good idea of why they should learn Unix,
particularly the reference/non technology types. We're going to do some
more research to make a fact sheet about the uses of Unix, but I thought
I'd pose the question to the list - what do you think are reasons
librarians need to know Unix, even if they aren't in particularly tech
heavy jobs?

I'd appreciate any input. Have a great week!

Siobhain Rivera
Indiana University Bloomington
Library Science, Digital Libraries Specialization
ASIS&T-SC, Webmaster