On 5/16/15 10:20 AM, Sarles Patricia (18K500) wrote:
I just this minute subscribed to this list after reading Andromeda Yelton's
column in American Libraries from yesterday with great interest since I would
like to teach coding in my high school library next year.

I purchased Andy Harris' HTML5 and CSS3 All-in-One For Dummies for my summer
reading and the free HTML editors he mentions in the book are either not really
free or are not compatible with my lab's 2008 Macs.

Can anyone recommend a free HTML editor for older Macs?

Hello,

It is easier to offer suggestions if you narrow down as best as you can your meaning of "older macs". ;-) Like David Mayo mentioned Text Wrangler (BBEdit?) will work for the PPC Macs. The Sublime Text and Atom.io "expect you to have a new (even I don't have a definition so I feel your pain ;-)) Mac.

I'd say start with what version of Macintosh OS are the running.

Cheers and welcome.

./fxk

--
Finagle's First Law:
To study a subject best, understand it thoroughly before you start.