BBEDit 10.5.13 is available and will run on 10.6.8. I have been using BBEdit
for 23 years, originally on an SE/30. Before content management systems were a
thing, BBEdit’s implementation of regex search and replace was an FSM-send for
site maintainers.

You could use VIM with some plugins, but I agree that you might look at simple
online editors.

Cary