Sorry for late reply Steve..
here is the full stack trace

Resource not found:
file:///data/data/com.mypackage.myapp/files/MyFileName.pdf
java.io.IOException:
file:///data/data/com.mypackage.myapp/files/MyFileName.pdf not found
     at com.codename1.ui.util.Resources.open(Resources.java:740)
     at com.codename1.ui.util.Resources.open(Resources.java:679)
     at
com.mypackage.myapp.MyFileNameForm$1.actionPerformed(MyFileNameForm.java:158)
     at
com.codename1.ui.util.EventDispatcher.fireActionEvent(EventDispatcher.java:349)
     at com.codename1.ui.Button.fireActionEvent(Button.java:499)
     at com.codename1.ui.Button.released(Button.java:533)
     at com.codename1.ui.Button.pointerReleased(Button.java:637)
     at com.codename1.ui.Form.pointerReleased(Form.java:2980)
     at com.codename1.ui.Component.pointerReleased(Component.java:4100)
     at com.codename1.ui.Display.handleEvent(Display.java:2061)
     at com.codename1.ui.Display.edtLoopImpl(Display.java:1043)
     at com.codename1.ui.Display.mainEDTLoop(Display.java:961)
     at com.codename1.ui.RunnableWrapper.run(RunnableWrapper.java:120)
     at
com.codename1.impl.CodenameOneThread$1.run(CodenameOneThread.java:60)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)

and i forgot to mention that , while trying to open file using below code
getting this exception..

try {
    Resources.open(fs.getAppHomePath() + "MyFileName.pdf");
} catch (IOException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
}

but still don't know it is saving or not..