Hi Steve,

I have run it on an Android 7.0 (don't know the api level but should be
recent enough its a Samsung S7 Edge)
Ok. I will firstly test your code snippets, perhaps we find a surprise, and
it only has to do with the code structure/argument type, etc.... since this
is an abstraction layer we cannot exclude that possibility. I am figuring
out that the fact that there's an explicit declaration of the action
listener instead of the lambda expression shouldn't affect. Should it? Let
me run first your code and then will come back to you.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Carlos.