Hello,

Many do not send to another collectd, but directly to a time-series database. You can find a lot of documentation about collectd-influxdb-graphana. Note : do not use the network plugin of collectd to send your metrics to the time-series database. There are other plugins to do it. write_tsdb is one of them.

Note : I have not used Influxdb for more than 1 year now. Maybe things have changed and the network plugin of Collectd can send meta-data ?

Regards,
Yves