Hi Dhananjay,

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 06:41:55PM -0400, Dhananjay Deshpande wrote:
> Each value list has number of key:value pairs to uniquely identify the
> value list.

meta data is *not* used to identify metrics, only host, plugin
(+instance) and type (+instance) are. If you create multiple metrics
that only differ in their meta data, collectd will not behave as you
intend.

> However, looks like currently I cannot send the metadata from one host
> to another using network module.

That's right, the network plugin doesn't currently forward meta data.

Best regards,
—octo
--
collectd – The system statistics collection daemon
Website: http://collectd.org