allthingssecurity opened a new pull request, #27304:
URL: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/27304

   # Description
   
   [CAMEL-25275](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-25275)
   
   The `consul:kv` and `consul:event` consumers watch with a chain of blocking 
queries: the answer to a query starts the next one. Their failure callbacks 
only reported the exception, so after one failed query (the Consul agent 
restarts, a network error, a 500 while the cluster has no leader) no further 
query was started and the consumer stopped watching for good, while the route 
stayed started.
   
   This change: after a failure the key/value consumer queries the key again 
after `blockSeconds` (at least one second, so that an agent that is down is not 
queried in a loop), on a single-thread scheduler of its own (started and shut 
down with the consumer, as `ConsulEventConsumer` already has), and the event 
consumer schedules its next query as after an answer (its `watch()` already 
waits `blockSeconds`, CAMEL-12418). Both only while the consumer runs. 
`mockito-core` is added as a test dependency.
   
   Tests:
   - `ConsulKeyValueWatchTest` and `ConsulEventWatchTest` (new, mocked `Consul` 
client through `consulClient`): the first query fails, the next one answers.
   - Without the change both fail: `Wanted 2 times ... But was 1 time` (no 
second query).
   - With the change all camel-consul unit tests pass: 6 tests, 0 failures (the 
27 ITs need Docker).
   
   # Target
   
   - [x] I checked that the commit is targeting the correct branch (Camel 4 
uses the `main` branch)
   
   # Tracking
   - [x] If this is a large change, bug fix, or code improvement, I checked 
there is a [JIRA issue](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL) filed for 
the change (usually before you start working on it).
   
   # Apache Camel coding standards and style
   
   - [x] I checked that each commit in the pull request has a meaningful 
subject line and body.
   - [ ] I have run `mvn clean install -DskipTests` locally from root folder 
and I have committed all auto-generated changes.
     (I built and tested the affected module, including the formatter and 
import-sort plugins. I did not run the full root build.)
   
   # AI-assisted contributions
   
   - [x] If this PR includes AI-generated code, commits have proper 
co-authorship attribution (e.g., `Co-authored-by` trailers) and the PR 
description identifies the AI tool used.
     This PR was prepared with Claude Code (Claude Opus 5.5). The commit 
carries a `Co-Authored-By` trailer.
   
   _Claude Code on behalf of allthingssecurity_
   
   🤖 Generated with [Claude Code](https://claude.com/claude-code)
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to