mvds-bbtk commented on issue #13292:
URL: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/13292#issuecomment-5815174148

   @DaanHoogland  I checked the code with AI and as far as I can interpret 
correctly it seems to be only used to retrieve UUID info when vhd disk files 
are stored on block storage. NFS based storage doesn't seem to use this module.
   
   Here are all the lvhdutil module references in this file:
   
   Import
   
   import lvhdutil (top of file)
   
   Usages (4 total)
   
   getPrimarySRPath() — builds the SR path for iSCSI storage:
   python
      primarySRDir = lvhdutil.VG_PREFIX + primaryStorageSRUuid
      return os.path.join(lvhdutil.VG_LOCATION, primarySRDir)
   
   Uses two module-level constants: lvhdutil.VG_PREFIX and lvhdutil.VG_LOCATION.
   
   scanParent() — resolves the parent UUID of an LVM-backed VHD:
   python
      vhdInfo = vhdutil.getVHDInfoLVM(lvName, lvhdutil.extractUuid, vgName)
   
   Passes lvhdutil.extractUuid as a callback/function reference (not called 
directly here — it's handed to vhdutil.getVHDInfoLVM).
   
   getParent() — for the iSCSI branch, resolves a VHD's parent:
   python
      parentUUID = vhdutil.getParent(path, lvhdutil.extractUuid)
   
   Again, lvhdutil.extractUuid is passed as a callback, this time to 
vhdutil.getParent.
   
   I've put a message in the XCP-NG forum to ask for the replacement module 
that can provide the same functionality. For my particular situation, I think 
just skipping the load of the lvhdutil will not impact any storage operations 
since the lvhdutil is behind the isISCSI branch, f.e. 
   
   def getPrimarySRPath(primaryStorageSRUuid, isISCSI):
       if isISCSI:
           primarySRDir = lvhdutil.VG_PREFIX + primaryStorageSRUuid
           return os.path.join(lvhdutil.VG_LOCATION, primarySRDir)
       else:
           return os.path.join(SR.MOUNT_BASE, primaryStorageSRUuid)
   
   So in case of NFS storage I guess the isISCSI branch is false and lvhdutil 
isn't used.
   
   Marc


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to