stojkomilos commented on PR #515: URL: https://github.com/apache/datasketches-cpp/pull/515#issuecomment-5380550371
> @stojkomilos Sorry, i missed `I named this function get_result() in reference to theta union (and likely intersectino) which gurantee to return a already trimmed result.` the line. I understand your point. Then can you add those intention to the doc string to the function too? > > not calling to "shrink_to_fit" same reason too? `Then can you add those intention to the doc string to the function too?` - yes sure. `not calling to "shrink_to_fit" same reason too` - yeah that would be a more descriptive name (or something like .trim_and_compact()), but I just wanted it to be called the same as union and intersection have it so we have parity. I mean we could name it shrink_to_fit and rename the unions .get_result into this aswell etc...? I guess this is discussion for the mailing list where I already sent a mail a few minutes ago to discuss this. -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
