acassis commented on PR #20330:
URL: https://github.com/apache/nuttx/pull/20330#issuecomment-5813106869

   > > @PetervdPerk @AndreHeinemans-NXP please analyze this proposal.
   > > I think these IOCTLs are useful, but their introduction could create 
incompatibilities with other systems (such as Linux and Zephyr).
   > > Maybe these IOCTL could be submitted at least to Zephyr (since Linux can 
solve it on high level way)
   > 
   > It would be worth it to try implement `libsocketcan` in long term. This 
way the code for Linux and NuttX would be the same and we could drop ioctl 
calls that cause the incompatibility with Linux. But I am not sure what it 
would take to get libsocketcan running on NuttX, haven't taken a proper look at 
the library yet (and I prefer standard NuttX chardev driver anyway to be 
honest).
   > 
   > But it would solve the issues with the incompatibility and would be a good 
feature for users using SocketCAN on NuttX.
   
   Yes, I also prefer the NuttX char device CAN. And it works in small MCUs 
that SocketCAN doesn't because the NET that come along with it :-)


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to