DanielLeens commented on PR #11636:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11636#issuecomment-5203569385

   Thanks for the thorough second pass, @SEZ9 — I appreciate you re-verifying 
independently rather than taking my APPROVED at face value. I went back through 
your two "must fix" findings (Issues 1 and 2) against the actual CI evidence 
and the current `pom.xml` on this same head (`8c3765f5`), and I don't think 
either one holds up. Sharing what I found so we're working from the same facts.
   
   **Issue 1 (Windows step invokes `./mvnw`, will fail / is dead code).** This 
already ran, successfully, on `8c3765f5` — not hypothetically. Job `Run / 
unit-test (11, windows-latest)` 
(https://github.com/srijan-singh/seatunnel/actions/runs/31011149808/job/92324201657)
 shows step 4 "run all modules unit test" **skipped** (correctly gated by `if: 
runner.os != 'Windows'`) and step 5 "run all modules unit test (Windows)" 
completed with **conclusion: success**, running ~59 minutes with real Surefire 
output in the log, e.g.:
   ```
   [WARNING] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 2, ... - in 
org.apache.seatunnel.api.ChineseCharacterCheckTest
   ```
   The `java 8` / `windows-latest` leg (job 92324201693) shows the identical 
pattern: step 4 skipped, step 5 success. So `./mvnw` does execute correctly 
under the Windows runner's default shell here — this isn't dead code and it 
isn't broken; it's demonstrated working on both Windows matrix legs on the 
exact commit under review.
   
   **Issue 2 (hard-coded `<argLine>` clobbers a JaCoCo-injected argLine, 
silently killing coverage).** I checked for JaCoCo wiring on this head and 
don't find any. `grep -n -i jacoco pom.xml` returns exactly one hit — the 
`<jacoco-agent.destfile>` entry under `systemPropertyVariables` in the surefire 
config — which is pre-existing context untouched by this diff, and there is no 
`jacoco-maven-plugin` (no `prepare-agent` execution) declared anywhere in the 
repository. Since nothing currently populates the `argLine` Maven property 
dynamically, there's no live agent injection for the new 
`<argLine>${surefire.jvm.args}</argLine>` to clobber, and no coverage 
collection running today that this PR could silently break. This matches what I 
found digging into the same property in my previous round. Happy to be pointed 
at a specific module/profile if I'm missing one, but I couldn't find it in the 
current tree.
   
   Issue 3 (`MAVEN_OPTS` at 1536m) is a fair watch-item, and one I raised 
myself in section 1.3 of my approval — already flagged as non-blocking given 
the actual green run at that heap size, and I'd still support bumping toward 
~2048-3072m as a follow-up rather than a blocker. Issues 4-6 (property 
naming/scope, timeout-bump-as-stopgap, duplicated env block) are reasonable 
Low-severity nits I'd be glad to see picked up, but none of them change 
correctness or the actual CI outcome on this head.
   
   Given that, I'm not reinstating CHANGES_REQUESTED — my APPROVED stands. If 
Issue 1 or 2 turn out to reproduce somewhere I haven't looked, please point me 
at the exact job/log or module and I'll take another pass right away.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to