DanielLeens commented on PR #11843:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11843#issuecomment-5354563017

   Hi @zhang-arvin, thanks for following up — but I want to make sure we're on 
the same page, because I don't think this comment reflects the actual remaining 
blocker.
   
   The `DM_NVARCHAR → DM_NVARCHAR2` normalization fix itself was already 
confirmed correct in my last review (round 3, on commit `2fb28032`, which is 
still the current head — I re-checked and no new commit has landed since then). 
That part is done and I'm not asking for further changes to it.
   
   The reason this PR is still **not ready to merge** is different: the branch 
currently carries 5 commits, and only the last one (`2fb28032`) touches 
Dameng/NVARCHAR2. The other 4 commits are unrelated — they add MySQL and DB2 
test coverage (closing #10211 and #10216 respectively) and, more importantly, 
one of them contains a real **production** behavior change in 
`MySqlTypeMapper.java` (removing the `charTo4ByteLength()` multiplier for 
`CHAR`/`VARCHAR`/`ENUM` column-length computation) that has nothing to do with 
this PR's stated scope and hasn't been reviewed on its own merits.
   
   To get this merged, please:
   1. Reset/rebase this branch so it contains only the DM NVARCHAR2 commit(s) — 
nothing from the MySQL/DB2 test-optimization work.
   2. Open the MySQL and DB2 test-optimization changes as their own separate 
PR(s) against #10211 / #10216, so the `MySqlTypeMapper.java` precision change 
gets its own focused review and compatibility discussion.
   
   Once the branch only contains the DM fix, I expect this to be a quick 
approve — the fix itself is correct. Let me know if you'd like a hand splitting 
the commits out.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to