DanielLeens commented on PR #11512:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11512#issuecomment-5370675451

   Thanks @SEZ9 for the fresh pass on this. I rechecked each of the 8 points 
against the current head (`244c3bf2ab31`) before responding, rather than taking 
them on faith:
   
   - **Issue 1 (unbounded `activeSplits`)** — confirmed real. 
`CdcEnumeratorProgressReport.activeSplits` 
(`seatunnel-api/src/main/java/org/apache/seatunnel/api/cdc/CdcEnumeratorProgressReport.java:59-94`)
 only wraps the list with `Collections.unmodifiableList`; there's no size cap 
or truncation anywhere in the constructor. I'm treating this as a blocker 
alongside the doc-vs-implementation issues.
   - **Issue 3 (ordinal encoding)** — I need to push back on this one. I traced 
the actual wire codec at 
`seatunnel-engine/seatunnel-engine-server/src/main/java/org/apache/seatunnel/engine/server/task/operation/CdcProgressReportSerializer.java`
 and it already encodes every one of these enums (`CdcProgressOwner`, 
`CdcSnapshotAssignmentStatus`, `CdcProgressLifecycle`, `CdcProgressAccuracy`) 
by name and decodes with `valueOf(...)` — lines 49, 109/128, 206/210, 215/219. 
There is no `ordinal()` usage anywhere in that file. This looks like it was 
written against the enum declaration site rather than the codec that actually 
serializes it, so I don't think this one holds against the current head.
   - **Issue 6 (`SNAPSHOT` Javadoc ownership wording)** — agreed this is a 
real, if minor, inconsistency worth tightening given the ownership split the 
new doc establishes elsewhere.
   
   So from my side: Issues 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 stand as you've described them (1/2/4 
as the higher-severity ones), Issue 3 doesn't hold up against the actual codec 
and I'd drop it, and 7/8 are reasonable low-severity hardening suggestions I 
don't consider blocking. Happy to take another look once the doc and bounding 
fixes land.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to