SEZ9 commented on PR #11932:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11932#issuecomment-5611752592

   Thanks @DanielLeens — that answers the intent question directly, and I'm 
aligned with it.
   
   On `Collector.restoreSchema`: agreed that keeping it Zeta-only is a 
deliberate scope boundary rather than an accidental gap. Your re-pull of 
`b6c96b97356d` matches what I see — a no-op default on the shared `Collector` 
interface, with `SeaTunnelSourceCollector` as the only override in the diff and 
no Flink/Spark translation-layer collector touched. Since those engines keep 
the pre-existing no-op behaviour, this isn't a regression, and it's consistent 
with how `markSchemaChangeBeforeCheckpoint()` / `collect(SchemaChangeEvent)` 
already behave outside Zeta. I'll keep that thread open with the "known 
Zeta-only limitation for now" qualification rather than resolving it, and I 
agree extending `restoreSchema` to the Flink/Spark collectors is a separate 
enhancement, not a blocker here. I'll open a follow-up issue so it's tracked 
and link it on this thread once filed.
   
   On the docs/upgrade note: not done yet on my side. I still need to verify 
the "Checkpoint restore compatibility" section against the diff at 
`b6c96b97356d` — specifically that it covers the schema now being persisted in 
`JdbcSinkState` and the non-exactly-once writer now emitting state. I'll use 
the pointers from your 2026-09-08 comment and resolve that thread once 
confirmed.
   
   Appreciate the correction on the earlier "ready to merge" note — that 
matches my understanding of where things stand. What's left before I'd consider 
this clear:
   
   1. My re-check of the earlier `IncrementalSourceReader` / `JdbcSink` points 
against `b6c96b97356d` — the null-vs-empty `checkpointTables` guard, the 
deserializer/collector restore gating, the first-non-null `TableSchema` 
selection in `restoreWriter`, the primary-key lookup from the restored schema, 
and null-Xid states reaching `JdbcExactlyOnceSinkWriter` after an 
`exactly_once` flip.
   2. The docs/upgrade verification above.
   3. Filing the follow-up issue for Flink/Spark `restoreSchema`.
   
   I'll post results here as I close each one out, and would welcome another 
pass from you once they're resolved.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:930 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to