cjw0810 commented on issue #12223:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/12223#issuecomment-5614886072

   One licensing/provenance point came up while preparing the draft PR.
   
   The Java OLR adapter code that is backported/adapted from Debezium carries 
the original Debezium Apache-2.0 headers, which I will preserve.
   
   However, the protobuf protocol class currently used by the prototype is 
generated from `OraProtoBuf.proto`. I noticed that the protocol source in 
Debezium carries a GPLv3 header (and the current upstream OpenLogReplicator 
project is AGPL licensed).
   
   Since GPL/AGPL content is Category X for ASF distributions, I do not want to 
include the generated protocol source in the SeaTunnel PR without agreeing on 
the correct boundary first.
   
   The OLR server itself remains an optional external process; no 
OpenLogReplicator binary or source code would be distributed by SeaTunnel.
   
   Would you prefer the first PR to use an independently implemented protocol 
client/codec without bundling the GPL/AGPL proto source, or is there another 
preferred protocol boundary for this adapter?
   
   Once this is clarified, I can publish the draft implementation branch 
immediately.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to