xinnyuli opened a new issue, #12310:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/12310

   ### Search before asking
   
   - [x] I had searched in the 
[issues](https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues?q=is%3Aissue+label%3A%22bug%22)
 and found no similar issues.
   
   
   ### What happened
   
   In array mode, the HTTP sink logs an HTTP 500 response, clears the failed 
batch, and allows prepareCommit() to return normally.
   
   I reproduced this with a local HTTP endpoint configured to return HTTP 500 
without accepting the records. The streaming job continued completing 
checkpoints. After forcibly terminating the SeaTunnel JVM, switching the 
endpoint to HTTP 200, and restoring from a completed checkpoint, the rejected 
records were not sent again.
   
   I checked #9537, which concerns JSON array serialization. This report 
concerns swallowed HTTP write failures and discarded batches that are not 
replayed after checkpoint recovery.
   Is silently discarding failed HTTP batches the intended behavior of this 
connector?
   
   If this is intentional, could you clarify the delivery guarantees and 
whether there is a configuration to propagate write failures? Otherwise, I 
would expect the failure to be reported to the engine rather than silently 
discarding the batch.
   
   ### SeaTunnel Version
   
   3.0.0-SNAPSHOT, built from Apache SeaTunnel dev at commit 
bd09f6d9ae97de7230a6659962bb06f0b8eef10e.
   
   ### SeaTunnel Config
   
   ```conf
   The checkpoint block below is under seatunnel.engine in 
config/seatunnel.yaml.
   ```
   
   ### Running Command
   
   ```shell
   # Initial run
   .\bin\seatunnel.cmd --config .\config\http-recovery.conf -m local
   
   # After forcibly terminating the JVM and switching the endpoint to HTTP 200
   .\bin\seatunnel.cmd --config .\config\http-recovery.conf -m local 
--restore-with-checkpoint 900000014101
   ```
   
   ### Error Exception
   
   ```log
   No exception was propagated to fail the job. The HTTP endpoint returned HTTP 
500, but the streaming job remained running and checkpoints continued to 
complete.
   
   At the writer-test level, both HTTP 500 and IOException cases failed with:
   Expected java.lang.Exception to be thrown, but nothing was thrown.
   ```
   
   ### Zeta or Flink or Spark Version
   
   SeaTunnel Engine (Zeta), built from the same commit as above; local mode.
   
   ### Java or Scala Version
   
   Eclipse Adoptium OpenJDK 8u504.
   
   ### Screenshots
   
   _No response_
   
   ### Are you willing to submit PR?
   
   - [x] Yes I am willing to submit a PR!
   
   ### Code of Conduct
   
   - [x] I agree to follow this project's [Code of 
Conduct](https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct)
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to