NganWave commented on PR #11496:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11496#issuecomment-5743267490

   Thanks for the review and patience.
   
   This PR was intended to support JSON parameter passing for deeper 
integration with task schedulers like DolphinScheduler and Airflow. Originally, 
I only wanted to support dynamically passing JDBC properties via `-i`.
   
   I underestimated the effort for unit tests, CI, and docs. Along the way, I 
also had to fix some related bugs, so the scope grew far beyond the original 
issue. It took much longer than expected and also made review harder.
   
   I also want to be transparent: English is not my first language, and long 
review comments take a lot of time and energy for me to read and follow. I can 
only work on this in my spare time, and I'm also dealing with personal matters. 
So I'm running low on bandwidth right now.
   
   I plan to close this PR and resubmit the work as smaller, focused PRs in 
about three phases:
   - Phase 1: Add support for cli passed JSON parameters in `ParameterSplitter`.
   - Phase 2: Add support for `-i` value parsing in `ConfigBuilder`.
   - Phase 3: Add support for default values.
   
   The phases above are a rough plan and may be adjusted as needed.
   
   I also plan to go back through all the previous review comments and organize 
them into a checklist, so I don't miss anything.
   
   Please hold off on detailed review for now. I'll leave this PR open for 
about a week before closing it, in case anyone wants to take over or share 
important feedback. If possible, please keep comments short and in bullet 
points.
   
   Sorry for the review burden, and thanks for understanding.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to