Cole-Greer commented on PR #3672: URL: https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/3672#issuecomment-5877319459
I think this fix is fine targeting 3.7-dev. I agree it's technically a breaking change, but the impact is limited to cases which formerly threw exceptions now working with the auto-promotion behaviour. Master does indirectly re-implement the same semantics as this PR via `GremlinLang`, making this fix a no-op there. I'm happy to introduce the fix early in 3.7.x and 3.8.x to get it in users hands earlier. This has been an annoyance for python users for quite some time, and I think it's low risk to introduce in a minor release. VOTE +1 -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected]
