I resolved the issue of "*Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0' as
the value of the DISPLAY variable."*.
The problem was if the "ant tar" is being issued from root whereas the
owner of the X Display Socket belongs to different user then, the error
pops up.
So to avoid this
execute "*xhost +local:all*" in the terminal of the user who owns the X
Display socket and then try issuing ant from root. It works fine. This does
have some security concerns but this is the easiest workaround

--

--With Regards
Pavan Kulkarni