On May 15, 2013, at 3:50 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:

> Arun,
>
> am I reading yours answer to my binary question correctly? It is a 'no'.

No.

> My reading of your response is that while you appreciate the feedback
> Bigtop is providing you're not of an opinion that investigating the level
> of stability of Hadoop wrt. downstream any further than what is currently
> happening would be a worthy investment of Hadoop's community
> (or your personal for that matter) time?

Everyone is welcome to contribute in any and all manner. I can't speak for
everyone.
It would be useful if Bigtop could run regressions on releases here
consistently. We've also talked in the past about running Bigtop on branch-2,
nightly. Is that something you could help with? You'd earn my personal
gratitude.

thanks,
Arun

--