Hi Konstantin,

The amendment I've proposed actually leaves the Release Plan in place.  In
fact, where one could say the current bylaws don't require a Release Plan
for every release, this amendment makes clear that it does.  It just
doesn't have to be voted on.

I would think that a controversial release plan would generate discussion,
which would give guidance to the prospective RM about what he or she needs
to do in order to achieve enough consensus to pass a Product Release vote.
 There's no need to vote on intentions, tho.  If people don't like the
release (as planned and/or as delivered) they can vote down the RC, which
is a concrete artifact.

I'm not concerned that people won't comment until the RC comes out.  Folks
around here are pretty free with their opinions :-)  And release votes are
majority vote, so there are no vetoes, and "submarine" behavior doesn't get
rewarded.

--Matt