I'm trying to slow this discussion down so we can:

a) Determine the problem(s) we're trying to solve
b) See how the proposed solutions meet this problem

The flood of +1's were made before a full proposal of what "enabling github
integration" means, which has only been really specified in Owen's most
recent email.

Referring to a), the problems mentioned in this thread:

1) Better, easier review tool (Steve)
2) Better attribution of contributors with their GH id (Arpit)
3) The backlog of PRs against our unused GH project (Owen)

Applying "use GH PRs as a review tool" to the above problems:

1) I think it has advantages, but as I said earlier, Github PRs really are
not designed for our rebase+squash workflow, since AFAIK it doesn't support
interdiffs.
2) not solved since the proposal is GH only as a review tool, not for
integration
3) not solved since all issues still need to start as a JIRA, or else the
mirroring won't work.

I'd also ask the following unknown questions:

* Is there a way to *disable* using PRs for integration? i.e. disable the
ability to merge PRs?
* Have we tried our precommit on PRs yet? Does it work for multiple
branches? Is there a way to enforce rebase+squash vs. merge on the PR,
since, per Allen, Yetus requires one commit to work?

This thread is barely 24 hours old, and I don't see why we're trying to
move this fast on the issue. Let's discuss some alternatives (!) and settle
on the right solution. We also haven't even broached review alternatives
like RB, Crucible, etc which were in the running last time this topic came
up.

Best,
Andrew