> On 6 Nov 2015, at 15:21, Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 2:07 PM, Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Wow, this happened quickly.
>>
>> Owen, could you please create a Wiki describing the proposal and
>> cataloging infra references so others can understand the
>> implementation in detail? Even after reading this thread, I'm still
>> confused what changes this proposes and how the integration works. A
>> document pairing open questions with answers/workarounds would help
>> this converge.
>>
>> Ok, I used Mahout's page as a basis. Take a look:
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/GithubIntegration

Ok, wen't through it, as well as formatting

1. used feature/hadoop-xxxx for branch names
2. added some best practices

I've not covered how to patch/cherry pick across branches; I don't know what
the strategy should be there with pull requests involved. With classic git
apply patches I prefer to commit to branch-2 & cherry pick forwards, just so
that CHANGES.TXT is consistent