From: Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2016 2:57 PM
To: hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: Hadoop Common; yarn-...@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: 2.7.3 release plan

A layout change in a maintenance release sounds very risky. I saw some
discussion on the JIRA about those risks, but the consensus seemed to
be "we'll leave it up to the 2.6 and 2.7 release managers." I thought
we did RMs per release rather than per branch? No one claiming to be a
release manager ever spoke up AFAICT.

Should this change be included? Should it go into a special 2.8
release as mentioned in the ticket?

--
busbey