> On May 17, 2016, at 8:32 PM, Wangda Tan <wheele...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure if archive.apache.org enforces some new bandwidth limit
> policies recently, I haven't seen such bandwidth limits before. We should
> consider to fix it If more people complaint about such failures.

        Chances are, either:

a) You’re doing too many full builds

b) Hortonworks is NAT’ing all the connections out to a single/small chunk of
IPs, which means the entire company’s bandwidth is counted as one

        In either case, I’d hope large Hadoop vendors would have local
repositories to use instead of constantly hitting the ASF.  Nobody else
building Hadoop should even be getting close.

> A workaround for this issue is pass -Dtomcat.download.url to manual set a
> download url of tomcat packages.

        Yup…. which means for large consumers (HW, C, etc), this shouldn’t be a
problem.