All on OSX 10.11.6:
Verified the hashes. However, Andrew, I don't know where to find your public
key, so I wasn't able to verify that they were signed by you.Built from
sourceDeployed a pseudo-distributed clusterRan a few sample jobsPoked around
the RM UIPoked around the attached website locally via the tarball
I did find one odd thing, though. It could be a misconfiguration on my system,
but I've never had this problem before with other releases (though I deal
almost exclusively in 2.x and so I imagine things might be different). When I
run a sleep job, I do not see any diagnostics/logs/counters printed out by the
client. Initially I ran the job like I would on 2.7 and it failed (because I
had not set yarn.app.mapreduce.am.env and mapreduce.admin.user.env), but I
didn't see anything until I looked at the RM UI. There I was able to see all of
the logs for the failed job and diagnose the issue. Then, once I fixed my
parameters and ran the job again, I still didn't see any
diagnostics/logs/counters.
ebadger@foo: env | grep
HADOOPHADOOP_HOME=/Users/ebadger/Downloads/hadoop-3.0.0-alpha1-src/hadoop-dist/target/hadoop-3.0.0-alpha1/HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/Users/ebadger/confebadger@foo:
 $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar
$HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop/mapreduce/hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-3.0.0-alpha1-tests.jar
 sleep -Dyarn.app.mapreduce.am.env="HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME=$HADOOP_HOME"
-Dmapreduce.admin.user.env="HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME=$HADOOP_HOME" -mt 1 -rt 1 -m 1
-r 1WARNING: log4j.properties is not found. HADOOP_CONF_DIR may be
incomplete.ebadger@foo:
After running the above command, the RM UI showed a successful job, but as you
can see, I did not have anything printed onto the command line. Hopefully this
is just a misconfiguration on my part, but I figured that I would point it out
just in case.
Thanks,
Eric

    On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 12:58 PM, Andrew Wang