Hi Wei-Chi,

There is bunch of performance jiras in Hadoop.
This one is not marked as blocker and seems to be hard to reproduce.
And I see that you are still discussing the problem and the solution with
Daryn in the jira.
I don't think it should block the release.
If this or anything else will prove to be a serious problem we can follow
up with a maintenance release containing hotfixes only.

Thanks,
--Konst

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Wei-Chiu Chuang <weic...@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm sorry coming to this vote late.
> Daryn mentioned in HDFS-12136
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-12136> that HDFS-11160
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-11160> has a performance
> regression at DataNode due to the way it locks dataset lock.
>
> HDFS-11160 is in Hadoop 2.7.4. Would it be critical enough to warrant a
> stop for release?
>
> I myself can't reproduce the performance regression (assuming it only
> occurs under extreme workload). Would Daryn or other Yahoo folks comment?
>
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 10:31 PM, Akira Ajisaka <aajis...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> - Verified the checksum and the signature of the source tarball
>> - Built from source with CentOS 7.2 and OpenJDK 1.8.0_141
>> - Built Hive 2.1.0/2.3.0 and Tez 0.8.5/0.9.0 with Hadoop 2.7.4 artifacts
>> - Built single node cluster and ran some Hive on Tez queries successfully
>>
>> Regards,
>> Akira
>>

>> On 2017/08/04 0:25, Kuhu Shukla wrote:
>>
>>> +1 (non-binding)
>>>
>>> 1. Verified signatures and digests.
>>> 2. Built source.
>>> 3. Installed on a pseudo-distributed cluster.
>>> 4. Ran sample MR jobs and Tez example jobs like orderedwordcount
>>> successfully.
>>>
>>> Thank you Konstantin and others for this release.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Kuhu
>>>

>>> On Thursday, August 3, 2017, 7:19:07 AM CDT, Sunil G <sun...@apache.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> Thanks Konstantin
>>>
>>> +1 (binding)
>>>
>>> 1. Build tar ball from source package
>>> 2. Ran basic MR jobs and verified UI.
>>> 3. Enabled node labels and ran sleep job. Works fine.
>>> 4. Verified CLI commands related to node labels and its working fine.