From: dujunp...@gmail.com <dujunp...@gmail.com> on behalf of 俊平堵
<junping...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 3:33 PM
To: gene...@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 Release.

Hi all,

    It gives me great pleasure to announce that the Apache Hadoop community
has
voted to release Apache Hadoop 2.8.2, which is now available for download
from
Apache mirrors[1]. For download instructions please refer to the Apache
Hadoop
Release page [2].

Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 is the first GA release of Apache Hadoop 2.8 line and
our
newest stable release for entire Apache Hadoop project. For major changes
incuded in Hadoop 2.8 line, please refer Hadoop 2.8.2 main page[3].

This release has 315 resolved issues since previous 2.8.1 release with
following
breakdown:
   - 91 in Hadoop Common
   - 99 in HDFS
   - 105 in YARN
   - 20 in MapReduce
Please read the log of CHANGES[4] and RELEASENOTES[5] for more details.

The release news is posted on the Hadoop website too, you can go to the
downloads section directly [6].

Thank you all for contributing to the Apache Hadoop release!

Cheers,

Junping

[1] http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hadoop/common

[2] http://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html