Unfortunately I think we're a little late to the game to have this be
much more than "what does AW have to do".

The upcoming Yetus 0.9.0 release includes a pretty huge reworking of
Yetus to make it work better in non-ASF settings; including getting
the GitHub PR handling updated to work with projects that don't expect
JIRA to be a thing. The subsystem has changed enough that I'd be
surprised if users of the previous plugin finding problems would be
helpful.

That isn't to say more help wouldn't be appreciated. For my part I'm
dedicating time this week to more reviews to help move AW's work along
marginally faster. I'll also be pushing to get feedback to Yetus about
how the new release  impacts the older projects here in ASF land. I'd
be thrilled if anyone else in the Hadoop community wanted to do that
work. Some of it'll be using the RC on local dev machines. Some will
require ASF Jenkins access; but literally any committer can be granted
access to that by the Hadoop PMC.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 4:28 AM Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> > On 3 Jan 2019, at 01:22, lqjacklee <lqjack...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Steve, I like the style PR from the GitHub. when should we start to
> > change it ?
>

> Step 1 is having Yetus review github PRs associated with a JIRA. Without that
> part of the process, we can't begin to use github for reviewing.
>
> For a long time we were on yetus 0.5.0, which I believe lagged here. But
> since september, Hadoop has been on Yetus 0.8.0 -the latest release
> (HADOOP-14761). If there's more in there for github PR review we should
> enable it. And if we need more, well, its an ASF project: we all have the
> right to submit patches there too, the duty to test them first
>
> -steve
>

> > On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 7:07 AM Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> The new gitbox repo apparently does 2 way linking from github: you can
> >> commit a PR there and it'll make its way back
> >>
> >> this could be really slick -and do a big change to our review process.
> >>
> >> Before we can go near it though, we need to get Yetus doing its review &
> >> test of github PRs, which is not working right now
> >>
> >> What will it take to do that? And that means not "what does AW have to
> >> do", but "how can we help get this done?"
> >>
> >> -steve

busbey