craffit commented on PR #8777:
URL: https://github.com/apache/hadoop/pull/8777#issuecomment-6055136690

   @joseluisll Thanks you for the the review.
   
   I found part of your comments were removed from github somehow (but were in 
JIRA), i went ahead and addressed them anyway, if you think its too much, I'm 
happy to only address the comment on TEMPORARY replicas 
(https://github.com/apache/hadoop/pull/8777#discussion_r4211838079).
   
   I implemented all your suggestions except I didn't add a direct 
initReplicaRecovery unit test. Happy to add one if you think it's worth it. 
Summarizing:
   
   - the truncation now only applies to RBW replicas
   - the comment no longer cites recoverRbwImpl and explains why truncating to 
bytesOnDisk is the conservative choice
   - the truncation and checkReplicaFiles now run after the generation-stamp 
and recovery-id checks
   - the test explains the 1s heartbeat correctly, has a failure message on 
waitFor, and checks on the DataNode that the replica is FINALIZED at the 
acknowledged length
   
   Let me know what other steps I can do to make this land, also happy to 
provide backports.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to