Hi guys,

I just faced a weird situation, in which one of my hard disks on DN went
down.
Due to which when I restarted namenode, some of the blocks went missing and
it was saying my namenode is CORRUPT and in safe mode, which doesn't allow
you to add or delete any files on HDFS.

I know , we can close the safe mode part.
Problem is how to deal with Corrupt Namenode problem in this case -- Best
practices.

In my case, I was lucky that all missing blocks were that of the Outputs of
my M/R codes I ran previously.
So I just deleted all those files with the missing blocks from HDFS to come
from CORRUPT --> HEALTHY state.

But had it be for the large input data files , it won't be a good solution
in that case to delete those files.

So I wanted to know what should be the best practices to deal with above
kind of problems to go from CORRUPT NAMENODE --> HEALTHY NAMENODE?

Thanks,
Praveenesh