On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Slawek Zachcial wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What do you mean by "CLI does not interpret cmd"?

I assume the equivelent of:

        cvs -dfoo commit

He'd like to bind 'commit' (the cmd) to a particular
Command callback, or similar.  Personally, I like
the idea, and have implemented similar things on top
of werken.opt/CLI in the past, but haven't integrated
it into actual werken.opt/CLI codebase.

> I think that it should be possible to check if the
> conditions above are satisfied.
>
> Any thoughts on that?

I bounced around some thoughts on mutually exclusive
options, but didn't come up with anything generically
useful.  There's the potential for combinatorial
explosion, when specifying combinations of options.

ie, you can only pick one of { -A, -B, -C }, but if
you depending on what you pick at that level, you
may have different options available to you.

ie, valid combinations might be:

        -A -aa -ab -ac
        -B -ba -bb -bc
        -C -ca -cb -cc

In this regard, mutual exclusion between {-A, -B, -C},
but also between an option and complete sub-option groups.

Could get hairy.

It certainly would benefit the world to have that ability,
but I personally wasn't up to the task to figure out a
great implementation a year ago when I originally wrote it
all.

        -bob