cool.

I look forward to checking it out.  IMO - that's what a "sandbox" is
for.

The dependency issue is a Java problem, not just a Jakarta commons
problem.

BTW-  There appears to be a lot of xmlio's out there:
http://www.google.com/search?q=xmlio

You may want to consider a different name.

Also - I know you've received a lot of "how does this compare with X"
questions, but if you don't mind --- Dom4J ?   (or you can ignore that,
and I'll just wait to see the sandbox and judge for myself --- which I
would inevitably do anyway ;-)

- Mike