        From: Mark R. Diggory [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Fri 10/8/2004 7:19 AM
        To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
        Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Wolfgang Hoschek
        Subject: Re: [math] Matrix subMatrix and mean methods

        Brain and Wolfgang,

        This sort of clarification is exactly what we needed to hear. It sounds
        like we can begin working portions of Colt now.

        My question to Wolfgang is, to avoid "fracturing" Colt into multiple
        implementations, we could decided between two possible approaches.

        A.) Refer to the portions of Colt we may be using by pointing to the
        external Colt project where ever necessary without actually placing the
        entire package into the Apache CVS tree.

        or

        B.) Explore the idea of Colt as an actual "Jakarta" level project and
        invite Wolfgang to join us as a member of that project development team.

        Wolfgang, what do you think?

        thanks,
        -Mark

        Mark Diggory