On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:43:23 -0500, peter royal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2005, at 1:31 PM, Tim O'Brien wrote:
> > Alright a sufficient amount of time has passed for public comments and
> > testing.
> >
> > This is a vote thread for migrating commons to SVN.  If this vote
> > passes, I'll contact Justin and schedule the least disruptive migration
> > time possible.
>
> -0
>
> don't see it is a winning value proposition for the developer until
> tools catch up (specifically IDEA in my case.... and catching up is
> built-in support equivalent to CVS)

If you're an IDE-only developer and you don't care about backing out
changes, merging, refactoring, or tagging and branching, then you
might have a point about a "winning proposition for the developer".
But once you've experienced SVN's atomic commits, remote moving,
renaming, tagging and branching, etc., you'll wonder how you ever
lived without it. ;-) Some of the stuff we've done with the Struts
repo, since we switched to SVN, we probably wouldn't have dreamed of
trying with only CVS.

--
Martin Cooper