Paul Libbrecht wrote:

Ideally, a test-case would be awesome, even if it refers to some far-away stylesheet...

I'll try and narrow it down first by cutting down site.jsl to the minimum that leaks.

Can you try calling .clear() on the result of this context.runScript(uri, output, isExport(), isInherit()) (and the other call).

so try with context.clear() inside IncludeTag? Ok, will try tomorrow.

Maybe that'll help.
In all cases, this context is gc-ed shortly after, I believe... so I see no reasons for big leaks at the tag-cache level.

It leaks 200k every time site.jsl is run, so should be easy to find, right? :)

Also, maybe it would help to give more details where to go... I think this was reported about very long ago so maybe a distribution maven-1.0.2 or such should have this bug ?

easiest to run it against Maven's trunk really as it is compatible with Jelly RC2 (RC1 was broken, so it currently uses beta-4 until RC2 is released). RC2 won't work with Maven 1.0.x.

If you want to give it a go:
- check out Maven from SVN and build:
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/maven-1/core/trunk maven-1/core/trunk
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/maven-1/plugins/trunk maven-1/plugins/trunk
- build maven inside maven-1/core/trunk (see http://www.apache.org/~brett/maven-stage-site/developers/building-from-source.html, make sure you reassign a new MAVEN_HOME!)
- run "maven xdoc" and watch memory go...
- twiddle xdoc plugin and run "maven plugin:install" to test. Use the memory tag lib I just added to jelly to test. <memory:gc/> and <memory:showFree />.

Hopefully I'll have more information tomorrow, I'm going to bed now. I'm keen to kill this before Jelly 1.0 if possible.

Thanks,
Brett