Ceki Gülcü <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/01/2005 01:55:13 PM:

> On 2005-01-27 22:52:02, Richard Sitze wrote:
>
>  > A.  Parent / Child ClassLoaders, General
>  >
>  >   - commons-logging.jar#org.apache.commons.logging.Log is
>  >     loaded/loadable by Parent.
>  >
>  >   - Child is the thread context ClassLoader.
>  >
>  >   - Parent defines a LogAWrapper for LogAImpl
>  >
>  >   - Child defines a LogAImpl
>  >
>  >   Problem:
>  >
>  >   1. Discovery finds Child[LogAImpl], and attempts to instantiate
>  >      LogAWrapper in Parent.  Fails, because Parent cannot see child.
>
> Richard,
>
> Forgive my nitpicking, but what do you mean exactly by LogAWrapper? By
> LogAImpl?

By "wrapper", I mean a commons-logging wrapper class.
by "impl", I mean a target logger implementation, such as Log4J.

This is, I believe, the Log4J problem you've previously described.  Where
you drop Log4J in the client, and it caused the discovery mechanism to
throw an exception.

LogA is any logger... such as Log4J:

     Discovery finds Child[Log4J], and attempts to instantiate
     Log4JLogger in Parent.  Fails, because Parent cannot see child:
     org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger [in parent] cannot load
     org.apache.log4j.Logger [in child].